Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bye Bye to Customer Service, Hello to " Are you kidding me right now?"

In a day where internet reviews are at everyone's fingertips and social media is blowing up around us, you would think Companies would revert back to the good ole days where "customers were king" and "the customer is always right !" way of thinking....  I know I'm in my 40's (early 40's that is) but what in the world is going on??  Over the past couple months I have had my fill of bad customer service and am soooo over it.  If your not up for hearing a slightly middle aged women's rant ( but does have a valid point) of lousy customer service than this is were you stop reading... and yes, I am aware that I am about to sound like my parents when I say" back in my day" but again, toughen up buttercup sometimes things just need to be heard.  Last chance to quite reading.....


So, about a month ago, my dish receiver has a mental breakdown and decides you know what, I am done storing and recording shows lets have a hard drive failure.... leaving me in a panic because after living with the convenience of this wonderful notion you can record shows and watch later, pause live tv and more, I can no longer just watch regular tv.   I call customer support, they are gracious, apologize and promptly ship out a new hopper. Leaving me with the instructions of upon receiving my new hopper to call them back to schedule a technician to come and set it up. Great.. that was easy, whew! And I thought it would be a hassle... three days later my receiver comes.  I do as I was instructed and call to schedule a technician , after all, I am single.. female... and electronically challenged.  Now comes the fun part... here is where I am told it will be over $100 for someone to come out and replace THEIR faulty equipment... ummm, I'm sorry, did I just hear you right? I pay for your service, and quite nicely, every month and your equipment malfunctions and I have to pay for someone to install?? Hmmm, not sure I'm down with that scenario.. what? wait.. If I purchase your service agreement for $95.00 than my charge is only $50.00 for someone to come and install! No, wait, not down with that either... got any other options?  Feeling impowered, I was told I could install myself,  not my first choice but again.. I am women hear me roar, right? Who needs a silly technician to come out and install, I got this! After all, I only pay you to provide a service, that is until something breaks down, needs to be replaced or I need anything. Gotcha! And yes, I did do it! Granted I was mumbling under my breath the whole time things I can't repeat here, but I finally have my beloved DVR back again!


Enough for now.... to be continued.... lol











No comments:

Post a Comment