Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My free fall into the blogging world

It's official.... my first blog!  Now, where to begin... hmmm... let's get all the formalities out of the way.  I am a 43 yr old single mom with 3 beautiful ( can be challenging at times) girls.  I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY and I am not afraid to admit that I am a HUGE Bills fan. And yes, I am aware they lost 4 consecutive Super bowls, what can I say, I'm a gluten for punishment. I moved down South in my late 20's, where I learned being Catholic is a "dirty" word.  I was raised in the traditional Catholic family, I am 1 of 6 girls ( my poor dad, right?) Life growing up in a house full of girls was hectic, and here I am 43 years later, and my life is still hectic.. My dad would always tell me that I like to "fly by the seat of my pants" and darn it if I am always proving him right! My family will tell you that I do 3 kinds of cooking... frozen, takeout and microwave. My post divorce dating life has been less than desirable. However, I do hold the family record for the shortest engagement... 25 days before I said to myself " what the heck am I doing?" and high tailed it out of the that situation. I have had my shares of ups and downs but managed to learn a few things along the way like:
1. your parents are always right
2. the only one who can make you happy is you
3. yes, there is life after a divorce
4. family is everything
5. things I did as a teenager are no longer funny now that I have teenagers of my own
6 drinking tequila will not make a tick embedded between your toes drunk enough to fall out (but that's a story for another day)


Hopefully you will enjoy the ride along in what I like to call my life where I am frequently saying "skip the cheese, just pass me the wine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment